• »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Legend of Nereid
Legend of Nereid
JiNXDate: Wednesday, 28/Jul/2010, 10:33 PM
Sergeant
Mangaka: Hwang Mi Ri
Volume(s): 15 (complete)
Genre(s): Fantasy, Gender Bender, Historical, Romance, Shoujo, Shounen Ai
Summary: An oracle prophesizes that the current heir to the throne will be usurped, and is forced to name who will be the usurper. He lies, and sacrifices an innocent soul instead--due to his lie, this changes the life of the 15 year-old girl, Matia.

The only word I can think of to describe this manhwa is... FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS! Hwang Mi Ri is such a talented mangaka.. and all of her works are top-notch.. Legend of Nereid being my top favorite. The storyline is so intriguing you become completely engrossed into the story that the next time you look up, you noticed you've just finished 8 volumes in a row. The characters and artwork are absolutely breathtaking. This is a MUST READ! I absolutely love Hwang Mi Ri. She is a fabulous mangaka.. and her manhwa constantly keep you guessing. I have to say though.. I was slightly disappointed in the ending. I wish she had continued the story a little more in order for characters to have a little more closure. I would have liked to see where everyone ended up. That's only disappointing part I can actually find in this manhwa.. 'cause everything else is absolutely fabulous - stoyrline, artwork, characters. And also... there was a gap of three years that wasn't shown. I would have liked to at least seen a few scenes of what went on in each of the character's 'lives' to see what had caused them to change into what they were in the end. Despite me feeling as though the ending could have left a little more of an impact I definitely recommend everyone who has read this manhwa to finish reading it if you haven't. This is a fabuluos manhwa that you should definitely check out!

Though, I think the ending did leave a somewhat bad impression, despite that though, I can't really say the ending ruined the story for me because in fact, I believe that the storyline is absolutely fabulous. And I guess in a way, the ending could work, in order for you allow to make your own assumptions. Personally - I hate making assumptions.. I like cold hard "facts." I guess in some way, the manhwa ended the same way it began which tends to make the ending quite more interesting if you look to it that way. I think maybe, if there had been a little more closure on those missing years, the ending may have worked out a little better. That way you could have gotten more of a feel for why it ended the way it did. Despite all these minor complaints though, you definitely need to finish reading it, if you haven't. And if you have yet to read it, do so.

ange_TaurusDate: Monday, 02/Aug/2010, 11:40 PM
Private
I was kind of dissapointed at the end cause they didn't exactly get together! grrr But the story was AWESOME! gotya
tesuDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 9:36 PM
Private
i love this story. it reminds me alot of red river, even without time elements... personally i like prince tyon better than ianeu... probably just me ^^
ZeraLordDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 11:06 PM
Private
This story haw a lvoley Heroin and similarity to My Favorite Manwha Red river that makes it even More intresting for me atleast. and i even loved the ending of it 2 so quite a Good reading and i would recomend it to other ppl..

Post edited by ZeraLord - Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 11:15 PM
holrofDate: Sunday, 15/Aug/2010, 5:58 AM
Lieutenant
yes I agree that this is a really great story!!! As was said the ending did leave something to be desired but I guess you can just finish it the way you want.... eyebrows This is for sure a manwha that I can reread a lot.
RiyenDate: Sunday, 29/Aug/2010, 10:44 PM
Private
I've read some of the first chapter and I must say that it's a good one. I can't remember why I stopped reading it, but reading your post, I will try to read it again !!!
sailorlionesDate: Monday, 30/Aug/2010, 2:09 AM
Private
I don't know... I'm more hate than love for the mangaka, and it's works like this that just ruin manhwa for me. The series didn't seem to make sense as something was going to happen, but then it doesn't. Characters should get together, but they don't... they seem to understand what one another is doing though... telepathically? I have no clue cause I don't get it. It wants to run along with Basara and red River, but it fails short... midget size.
RosaAzulDate: Monday, 30/Aug/2010, 3:59 PM
♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ Hard Worker ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
hm...
I read this long ago.
I can't remeber excatly what happened..
But if I remeber then I stopped reading after the first volume.
LoN is one of the manhwas that didn't really catch my interest,
but a friend of mine said it was good, so i decided to read it, but as you can read I lost my interest and
gave up on continiue to read it.

In conclusion the ending was bad....it looks like the author doesn't/didn't want to continue writing/drawing it anymore.

only-onlyDate: Friday, 17/Sep/2010, 3:15 PM
Private
this is a great manhwa as well, but if you read most of Hwang Mi Ri's work, they look just the same
lroseDate: Sunday, 19/Sep/2010, 5:44 PM
Lieutenant
It is good one, and it was very happy time when i read it and it is a little bit out of stereotip

Post edited by lrose - Sunday, 19/Sep/2010, 6:27 PM
bellaDate: Tuesday, 16/Nov/2010, 9:32 PM
Private
Trash! is the only thing that i can say about the end! The most ridiculous ever. I really wanted to vomit.
LexiDate: Thursday, 10/Mar/2011, 2:40 AM
Sergeant
I totally agree with the post about the ending of the story. I found myselve also annoyed that the main girl did not end up with anyone. I thought is was kinda a waist and a let down. The ending seemed kinda rushed like the author just wanted to get done with it. I mean the prince from the other country was poised to invade Athens. I mean it was soooo open for another arch and bam nothing. But still a good story and worth the read
SizzueDate: Friday, 11/Mar/2011, 2:35 AM
Private
i just finish reading it last week.. and im very disappointed in the end..

mocking

rinchiDate: Tuesday, 22/Mar/2011, 10:51 PM
Private
Beware of spoilers!

This story is her best in my opinion, concerning characters and character development. It pulled at my heart strings a lot - especially the brave young girl who gets played around by humans and "prophecies" a lot until she finally finds salvation in "forgetfulness". And the young prince who grew up having to look out for his safety and yet being pampered a lot - sometimes I was unsure if he was mentally nuts though - who falls in love with a woman for the first time. I also loved the general (though he didn't have that great an impact at first). When he chose his nation over his love I cried so much Crying

I think the ending was genius - not in a romance sense but in a plot sense. Only if everyone of her past forgets she exists can she rebuilt her destroyed home again (in case people didn't notice- she shows them her old mentor's teachings and rebuilt the place the way her old home was - with independency and all that).

Sometimes I think her recent works seem so shallow because no one appreciated her wittier ones hehe xD
Nothing against shallowness - I love that too.

~Dedicated manga reader~

Post edited by rinchi - Wednesday, 23/Mar/2011, 10:50 PM
akumaxtenshiDate: Wednesday, 27/Apr/2011, 6:02 AM
Private
I love the story. I'm always finding a manga like this. But I really really don't like the ending! grrr Cause the two of them weren't together in the end. It's like they just answered the question and didn't continue it until the end!

Oh yeah! I love it! ^-^'
yukariDate: Monday, 09/May/2011, 8:42 PM
Private
I LOVE that kind of story about power struggles and love, and not to forget the bishies ^^ !
I too didn't really like the end, but I tend to hate the end of that type of manga, because after so many hapennings, the author always finishes it very quickly, when i like follows-up (like the lives of the characters after that and so on...)
This one is a must read!
chaozsamaDate: Tuesday, 10/May/2011, 3:43 AM
Private
it was one of the best hwang miri works but a little disappointed at the end cause it was still a cliffhanger if they ended together or not.
potchiDate: Wednesday, 11/May/2011, 4:36 AM
Private
I'm really disappointed on the ending of the story. And I hate myself coz I read it until the end, such a waist of time
konatachanDate: Tuesday, 28/Jun/2011, 10:26 AM
Private
I didn't really care much for the ending, but it was a good read. It's still one of my favorites.
Nice and long, while quite entertaining. giggle
3flowersDate: Monday, 18/Jul/2011, 2:27 PM
Lieutenant
Quote (akumaxtenshi)
But I really really don't like the ending!

I'm exacly the same. Just get together damn you!!!!! grrr
But it was a nice story. I love historicaly set manga

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Legend of Nereid
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024