[ Private messages() · My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Announcements » Questions & Suggestions » what is the point? (point)
what is the point?
LehstDate: Wednesday, 05/Oct/2011, 6:23 PM
Private
Thank you for sharing your scans. If not for scanlation groups I wouldn't be able to experience many stories to their full potential. (because even though I collect some import magazines, it's still nice to know what the characters are saying xD)

But I really just want to know something, and please don't mistake this as only criticism. I came to this website because I was casually reading manga at mangareader.net. Then it came to be a lot of pages were posted on that site out of order. Naturally, I hoped to find another source in an effort to read non-jumbled pages, and ended up here at the group in charge of that project.

Why do you ask for a post requirement? Won't most people just make some bare-minimum effort and then once they plunder the site of the desired release, never come back? Or does this tactic actually work in what I can only assume is an effort to build a community?

I am aware that I am just a simple leech and that the people that make the scanlations are free to share their scans however they choose.
I'm not here to complain, I am merely asking, "what is the point?".
3flowersDate: Thursday, 03/Nov/2011, 2:03 PM
Lieutenant
sorry if I'm butting in here.
I'm not a staff, just a leech like you.
I am part of, probably, the very few that come to this site regularly, not to just to see if there is anymore updates, but also to check the forum. I occasionally ask questions, or give a comment that that I would like a replay to (not that you always get one).
I am aware that most people probably do as you say and just do the minimum posts and never look the forum again. But with in thous 5 posts, and everyone else 5 posts it builds up a picture of what other people are reading out there.
I only have only one real manga buddy so this helps me pick new manga that I might want to read.
Again this is just my point of view, I just thought I might get it out there.

ShibiDate: Saturday, 10/Dec/2011, 11:11 AM
Private
My opinion with regards to that is this
I am required to make 5 posts of some significance, so I have to look around and find 5 topics that I would like to reply to, or create my own to discuss some as yet uncovered topic that I feel the urge to speak about, naturally, I would have to look to see if that topic was covered elsewhere first. The end result of all this is that, having looked through all those, I have familiarized myself with what others are talking about, what topics are being covered, where I can find info on this or that, who posts regularly etc. Under normal conditions I don't visit forums, but because of this site's rules I now have a list of bands from the music area to listen to, several manga I am looking forward to reading from the proj topic and of course 2 areas I am watching to see if I passed my cleaner test and get to help out.
Anyway lol that's my take on it.
Shibi :)

If a task is once begun,
never leave it 'til its done.
Be the labor great or small,
do it well or not at all.
RosaAzulDate: Sunday, 08/Jan/2012, 3:10 PM
♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ Hard Worker ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
The 5 post requirement is as Shibi and 3flowers said. The requirement will haelp the forum to stay alive, to help you familiarize yourself with the forum. You can meet ew people (thanks to this I have meet two good friends of mine.)

best regard.
shine
AineDate: Monday, 26/Mar/2012, 6:44 PM
Sergeant
my two cents.

In a way, I think this requirement is like we readers/leechers need/ have to put effort in getting the release just like the staffs putting efforts in making the release.

You won't get anything free in life (maybe gifts only). They are NOT asking for money, and the 5-posts are not much. I know other groups ask for 10 or more. I even know that a group is asking for 32 posts to have the access to the releases.

So taking your time and do the posts is not much of asking.
tiptip
auroDate: Saturday, 31/Jan/2015, 11:58 AM
Private
Hi everyone!
I agree with shibi.
I'm new here, so i look everywhere in the forum to find topic in which post an answer.
I don't still understand if the site is active, but i want to say thanks to the webadministator.
Love auro
Forum » Announcements » Questions & Suggestions » what is the point? (point)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024