[ Private messages() · My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Drama » MARS (TW-Drama)
MARS
JiNXDate: Thursday, 29/Jul/2010, 2:02 PM
Sergeant

MARS
Episode(s): 21
Genre(s): Romance, Suspense
Summary: "Han Qi Luo (Barbie Xu),an extremely shy art student went to the same college as Chen Ling (Vic Zhou),a popular play boy. By chance one day they met at a park when CL asked HQL for direction to a hospital to visit his friend who was injured in a bike racing incident. Hurriedly HQL drew him a map, unknowing that she was drawing on the back of one of her sketches. She ran off before he could thank her. He then noticed the sketch of a mother holding a baby and was touched. In school HQL was sexually harrassed by a teacher and CL came to her rescue. They began to grow fond of each other but each of them had a secret past that needed to be addressed and overcome before they could accept and love one another freely. "

This is probably the only manga based drama that I can actually say I enjoyed. Although I have heard some good things about the drama Goong, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Anyways... MARS happens to be among my favorite manga.. so I thought what the heck, I'll check out the drama. I'm really glad I did because I absolutely love it. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really even get into dramas (I'm not a huge fan of 'em). But I will say, the drama Mars happens to hold true to being based off a great manga. They kept to the story.. which is great because a lot of dramas (and even animes) tend to stray off the story and after everything is said and done, it's pretty much a completely different storyline. It also happens to have some fabuluos actors and actress that I happen to be huge fans of.. I've seen pretty much every movie they've been in. If you haven't watched it or are debating one watching it (and even if you're not a fan of drama - like myself) I'd still recommend watching it. And if you haven't read the manga, then definitely do so!

lavenderDate: Sunday, 15/Aug/2010, 3:47 AM
Private
Ive seen part of this series and thought it was cute.
ArailiDate: Monday, 13/Sep/2010, 2:25 AM
♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ Typsetter ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
I've been wanting to watch this but I never seem to find the time to do so.....or I just forget. xD
excapeDate: Tuesday, 28/Sep/2010, 10:11 PM
Private
you have to watch it, because its wonderful, the manga have the same feeling when you read it.

I recomend and bouth.

MalzDate: Tuesday, 30/Nov/2010, 1:18 PM
Private
I haven't seen the drama yet but I really enjoyed the manga - thanks for the recommendation. I do tend to steer clear of some of the recreations of manga I like just because, as you say, they do tend to drift from the main storyline.
sayhiDate: Monday, 06/Dec/2010, 4:06 AM
Private
I watched this because I really like the manga with the same title as this movie. Barbie Xu is really pretty and shes in a lot of other great taiwanese dramas too.
azumiazmyDate: Thursday, 17/Feb/2011, 1:42 PM
Private
This drama is sooooo cool..
I really like vic zhou in this drama...
especially when he rides his motorcycle...
=)
ralphsmumDate: Sunday, 06/Mar/2011, 7:10 AM
Private
This was a pretty good adaption of the original manga series. I honestly think it's one of the better adaptions out there and one of the best Taiwanese Drama's I've ever seen.

Everyone should read the manga and watch the drama because you seriously can't go wrong with either of them!.

AngelsMelodyDate: Monday, 09/May/2011, 3:38 AM
Private
This series was the first manga I ever read. So I hope that the drama is good as well. I cant believe I haven't watched the drama yet?
sweetpeaDate: Tuesday, 10/May/2011, 3:40 AM
Private
I haven't finish this drama yet... but read the manga. Probably didn't finish it because I already know how it ends. =X
PearlDate: Tuesday, 07/Jun/2011, 10:14 AM
Private
I started watching this then stopped and haven't started again. I've read the manga though.
MajestiiDate: Thursday, 18/Aug/2011, 7:20 PM
Private
For sure one of my fav taiwanese dramas :)
Victor ftw <3
CherubtxDate: Sunday, 30/Oct/2011, 5:43 PM
Private
Just like AngelsMelody, this was the first manga that I ever read and it got me hooked on manga. Then I learned that it had become a drama, but I couldn't find it with english subtitles. It took me a couple of years before I was able to watch the drama, but I absolutely fell in love with it.

I'm still hooked on Barbie Xu. I've seen her in the Meteor Garden series (the Taiwanese version of Boys Over Flowers) and I just watched her in Summer's Desire.
YellineDate: Tuesday, 31/Jan/2012, 5:27 PM
Private
Wouah! I've completely forgotten that drama! And i've a friend who have the complete collection in manga. But i've not realize yet, the drama and the manga are the same! Revelation, thanks, very much! xD However, I prefere the books. It seems, this books are expensive, 'cause they are "collection" mangas. It's right?
RinaDate: Sunday, 11/Mar/2012, 11:57 PM
Private
Well this drama is kinda old, but it was definitely one of the best manga-turn-live-action TW-drama out there. Though I wish they could also make a japanese version of its kind like they did with Hana Kimi and Boys Over Flower.
esqweDate: Saturday, 21/Apr/2012, 7:53 PM
Private
I think it was deep, moving and somehow even better that the manga. The main couple also starred in "Meteor Garden", but their perfomance was not so vivid and realistic as in this drama. The main criteria for dramas in me is the ability of the series to make me feel and believe. Well, this drama does the trick.
Also the pictures the main heroine painted were beautiful. I wished there were more.
yukiharunoDate: Sunday, 17/Jun/2012, 2:08 AM
Private
I can't believe that manga has a dramaaaaaaa*jumping like a crazy* I need watch it \0/
cattynDate: Friday, 22/Jun/2012, 2:24 PM
Private
I just recently re-read the manga, love the story it's so sweet. Maybe i'll re-watch the drama too ^_^. Oh and the theme song, Ling.... LOVE!!!!
faiqatuzzihniDate: Wednesday, 14/May/2014, 8:02 PM
Private
WHAAAATTT??? there's a manga version for this drama???
kyyaaaaaaa Shining  
can I found it here??? is it the manga title same with the drama title?

except "romance in the rain" and "Twins", MARS is the "die hard taiwan/chinese drama" I've ever watched runninghearts
anmarienDate: Friday, 06/Jun/2014, 9:49 AM
Private
Oh my goodness I literally had no idea it was based of a manga wow I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I was OBSESSED with this drama and Meteor Garden thinking about it now really brings back nostalgia especially for Mars I watched it when it was airing and when I was first getting into asian dramas
Forum » Discussions » Drama » MARS (TW-Drama)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024