[ Private messages() · My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » How do you decide what's to read? (what makes your read them?)
How do you decide what's to read?
shamieDate: Saturday, 25/Aug/2012, 1:19 PM
Private
How do I decide what's to read?
I decide what's to read by reading the summary and sometimes I also read some comments about the manga/manhwa , because I want to know if that manga/manhwa is good or not so. yosh
literDate: Thursday, 30/Aug/2012, 8:44 AM
Private
what usually attract me first to the manga is the drawing. Second i go for the story. however if the drawing isn't too eye catching, but the summary was really good, i usually give it a try. and if the story is good, i will stick to read the manga even if the drawing wasn't that well drawn.
AlysonDate: Thursday, 30/Aug/2012, 4:54 PM
Private
the drawing is important, but the story too. I think so. ali_061
SlovenaDate: Tuesday, 16/Oct/2012, 1:10 PM
Private
Summary, genre and COMMENTS. Some times the last make me decide: read or not to read. Also i like to read comments, because many readers have good sense of humor. So it is fun.

There is nothing mohuschestvennee words. Anatole France
Welcome to the World of word
WinterDate: Wednesday, 21/Nov/2012, 4:08 PM
Private
i look the title first and the name of the author,then the drawings and the number of the volumes. The genre is not a problem a read quite everything. If i'm not sure about a manga i search more information on internet and then decide or talk to my freinds and see if they already know this manga.
Carol_mewDate: Friday, 23/Nov/2012, 7:20 PM
Private
The first i see is the name of the author or recognize the draw of him and then look the description of manga shine .
cheri-samaDate: Monday, 26/Nov/2012, 7:34 AM
Private
genre doesn't usually matter for me, but i judge on weather i like the art and if it has a good plot line or summary.
GriffinClawDate: Sunday, 09/Dec/2012, 10:10 AM
Private
My manga checking is pretty systematic:

1) Check genre of series. (Manga whose genre are on my hated list are automatically out)
2) Check plot summary. If it's interesting, download 1-2 volumes.
3) Read, rate and decide if you want to read further.

Generally, the graphics of the manga makes no real difference to me, unless it's bad beyond words (more of a case of bad scanlation if anything). If the story's good enough, I get used to it automatically Smug geek
MelonDate: Thursday, 20/Dec/2012, 5:55 PM
Private
If i already have one liked manga/manhwa then i will search another manga/manhwa by the same author, and will search too another manga/manhwa by the same artist if they have beautiful drawing.

I also search a new one by looking the drawing cause i really like good drawing and has handsome & beautiful character. Then i will see the summary and the rating first. if they were good i will read the first chapter then i will choose to continue read it or not.

So good drawing, good summary, good rating, good story make me want to read it till the end.
TiaMatDate: Sunday, 23/Dec/2012, 11:14 PM
Private
The first thing I do is search by genre...Then I look for chapters cause for me it is very bad to read 2 chapter and then wait for 3 months to read the next chapter if they release it. The drawing is what catch me eye if the drawing is not what I like I never read the manga and efcourse beautifull characters.

Now because there are n't any complete mangas that I have not read I read 2-3chapters mangas and I usually end up seeing the story in raws but because I dont now korean or chiness I loose all the story.
Sorry for my bad english!
DiaDate: Sunday, 30/Dec/2012, 9:17 AM
Private
i go by the summary, volumes, genre and completed manga/manhwa. Reading long manhwa/manga fills up the time.lol....
guesswhoiamDate: Tuesday, 05/Feb/2013, 6:56 PM
Private
From the drawing (because i like nice picture), author ( because some author make a lot of nice comic), genre (because i didn't like some genre) and summary (because you'll understand the point from the story. eventhough sometimes the summary deceive you especially novel).
keithDate: Sunday, 17/Feb/2013, 1:12 PM
Private
i choose it depends on a genre at first, then i'll choose the one who have the great quality picture  yayayay and last, read the reviews HOHOHO. well thats it! have a try guys! well one more thing, you could check up on bakaupdates and search for number 1 manga there. it would be absolutely wonderful HOHOHO. shine
JaswilDate: Monday, 03/Jun/2013, 8:20 AM
Private
I look at the summary and also the art to decide if im going to read the manga/manhwa. I also like to go to baka updates (http://www.mangaupdates.com) and look under recommendations of a manga/manhwa that I liked to find if there is a similar story that I may like.

Post edited by Jaswil - Monday, 03/Jun/2013, 8:24 AM
cube913Date: Sunday, 16/Jun/2013, 10:10 AM
Private
i like to choose by the covers xD and sometimes by storyline too :)
Akage9317Date: Saturday, 19/Apr/2014, 11:24 PM
Private
i decide by the drawing and the story line
though i concentrate on the drawing more
:yayayay:

zorryDate: Wednesday, 28/May/2014, 0:57 AM
Private
At first i am starting by genre and reading the summary to deside if i think i will like it or not. If i really like the drawings of some manga i search by the artist  for other of his pieces. Happens to have recomendation by friends that i ckeck out too.
spicylifeDate: Tuesday, 15/Jul/2014, 7:08 PM
Private
Well, when I look for another manga to read I usually google "if you like xxx then you'll love yyy". If not that, then I like to use searches where you can get lists by choosing a number (not just one) genre.

Once I have that, there are two criteria: summary and then do I like the drawing (I like good art). Worst case I try reading it for a little.
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » How do you decide what's to read? (what makes your read them?)
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024