• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Platinum Garden
Platinum Garden
JiNXDate: Thursday, 29/Jul/2010, 2:06 PM
Sergeant
Mangaka: Fujita Maki
Volume(s): 15 (complete)
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Supernatural
Summary: "When Kazura Enomoto’s grandfather dies, he leaves her to the son of a rich family, Mizuki Magahara, as payment for his debts. After she goes to live with him, Kazura learns that she’s not going to be working off the debts as a servant—she’s going to be Mizuki’s fiancée! Unless Kazura can repay her debt, she’s got no choice but to learn to live with her new lot in life. But no sooner has Kazura begun to adjust to living with Mizuki and going to his snotty rich school than the dark secret of the Magahara family comes to light. The head of the family has the unique power to bring back the souls of the dead—and right now the head of the family is Mizuki!"

I just finished reading up to volume 7 of Platinum Garden... and I have to say, WOW! I seriously wished I had read it earlier! It definitely has an amazing storyline... it's very intriguing and mysterious. And it kinda has a Fruits Basket feel to it with Platinum Garden having a family that also has to deal with "curses" and the tolls it causes on them.. and the burdens they must carry. I absolutely love the characters.. and actually.. as I was reading this manga.. I was kinda comparing Fruit Basket's character personalities to the personalities of the characters found in this one. And some of the characters you can see a somewhat close relation in personalities. Such as Natsume reminds me of a mixture of Shigure and Ayame ... Kazura has a very similar outlook on life to Tohru.. This is definitely one that I'll be committing to my favorites. And though it may have some similarities to Fruits Basket.. in no way is the storyline the same. Everything is amazing about Platinum Garden.. the storyline, the characters (I absolutely adore Touya - my favorite line of his so far is, when he was speaking to Aguri, "After Mizuki dies, I plan on marrying his widow! That's my ambition! *Go ahead! Spit on my face*). And I'm definitely very interested in seeing what Kaito is all about.. he's still very mysterious. And of course, what will happen between Mizuki and Kazura.. and also.. why exactly Kazura can her Miya voice when they all believed only Touya and Aguri could. This is definitely one I would recommend checking out.. it's worth the read!
AnnDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 12:39 PM
Private
Strong female lead which is why it was probably licenses =( but yay for Evil Flowers releasing this manga woohooo love anyone who likes to read a long manga which has shoujo come and read it NOW!
MunchDate: Saturday, 21/Aug/2010, 4:37 PM
Private
I have been waiting for someone else to pick this up even though it was licensed - tokyo pop releases are too slow and it is a great story. I hope they get together properly at the end though cause they deserve each other and she is rather special herself.
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Platinum Garden
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024