[ Private messages() ยท My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

Forum » Discussions » Anime » Manga Or Anime
Manga Or Anime
If the series has both the manga & anime, which one will you go for?
MouseDate: Thursday, 23/Feb/2012, 0:14 AM
Private
I prefer the one that runs the longest. When one or the other is too short, I feel a bit short changed. But I am a bit obsessive, when I see one I want to see the other. XD
DarkyDate: Sunday, 26/Feb/2012, 2:29 AM
Private
I'm a fan of originality so I always go for the sources or at lest try to. Like in event that the anime is base on the manga, I'll drop the anime and switch to the manga that is generally more like the autor want the story to go. I also find that anime adaptation often lack in one way or another compare the source.
AJ5107Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 8:46 AM
Private
I'm a 'both' kind of person, but if hypothetically, I could only have one, I would probably choose manga.
It's longer, has no fillers, and has a lot more variety than anime :D
SqueakyDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 9:27 AM
Private
I actually read the manga and watch the anime if it's for the same series, for example I watched and read BECK, also I read the manga and watch the anime for Kare Kano
bellldaDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 9:31 AM
Private
I like both of them. Manga usually contains more of details but anime could be done well too. I love Junjou Romantica anime, it's really great and manga is amazing too. Hope there will be new season! ali_105

Post edited by belllda - Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 9:39 AM
batmans1palDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 10:03 AM
Private
I would have to say Manga for the most part. I love anime, but sometimes I feel you learn more about the story in the manga. Sometimes the animes feel rushed. I hate when they just end it and your like are you kidding me grrr
sharppaDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 10:51 AM
Private
I generally like manga more than anime if there is adaption from manga, but I still watch anime coz sometimes its nice to see characters move and talk :)
kitty15Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 10:55 AM
Private
i used to think that anime was better but now i think manga is way much much better!
my reason to like anime were simple it was easy to just watch just read the subtitles plus all
the colors i love my character's having colors, without it its no good but then manga can be
longer and can tell us more about out favorite character's and how things came to be

unlike the anime it doesn't always tell much and just eat up half of the manga story will yea its hard to draw and all for anime but it would be nice if it was as the manga was written that would be just awsome!
but this manga and anime it helps compare and both have some different story, they change the story times in the anime version so it gives us some chance to see our favorite hero's, characters.
Katana1765Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 11:50 AM
Private
I like both, but it just depends on the series.

I find that it's hard for me to read shounen manga, but that's what I like to watch when it comes to anime. For example I really like Sayuki, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and Samurai 7. I really like to watch all the action instead of reading it.

On the flipside, I really don't like watching shoujo anime, but I love to read it. In this case, I guess I really can't stand the girls. Watching them on the tv makes me cringe a lot more than when I read what they are doing.
girlflower388Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 8:09 PM
Private
i like them both because sometimes I prefer manga and sometimes anime. for example Skip beat I prefer the manga because it have more details and the anime you will see them moving but to make the anime they left a lot of details out
MahchanDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 9:18 PM
Private
I really prefer manga... just like I prefer books to movies... I think I just enjoy reading better. And the anime sometimes don't follow the plot like the manga or isn't as complete.
amayahimeDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 9:24 PM
Private
I would have to say both. I love comparing the anime to the book. In One Piece, it follows really closely, even if there are fillers. Full Metal Alchemist is a weird one but both animes and the manga are great. Both is what I encourage. RedFox1
tania_2273Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 9:58 PM
Private
i love both but i would say i love mange more than the anime becouse the manga i feels its get updated faster
death_signsDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 0:47 AM
Private
Seriously Speaking the MAIN reason i am reading manga is because the story written is always ahead and hence as an enthusiastic anime/manga fan wanting to read and get a hold of the story ahead is a must thing isn't it:):)^^
Though i must admit reading manga allows you to and have a wider perspective and hence allowing you to induce more of your self imagination into the manga itself in terms on how a character really acts and expresses, which is a plus a guess especially when the manga has a very bad anime production...ya...

So conclusion i would say manga is for times when i'm awake (good concentration for imagination) and anime are for times when i'm sleepy (leaving the imagination up to the directors and producers) But going through both is still a must!
surunatDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 4:51 AM
Private
I do prefer the manga, but if the anime is available, I would check to see if it is as interesting as the manga. The only exepcion are the action animes. This animes can show the fighting scenes much better than in the manga... shine

Post edited by surunat - Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 4:58 AM
kksuikaDate: Saturday, 03/Mar/2012, 10:10 AM
Private
Well, for me, it really depends on what the original is. If it's manga then I'd go for the manga first and maybe try watching the anime although it usually fails me. I get picky when I see the art/story or the feeling to the story as a whole is off(which happens a lot). But if the original is anime then yes, I'd watch it first then try the manga.

Post edited by kksuika - Saturday, 03/Mar/2012, 10:14 AM
AndersonDate: Sunday, 04/Mar/2012, 3:47 AM
Private
I have to agree that it depends on what the original was. most of the time what come after fails me except in really rare ones like One Piece or Bleach
kittkatt90Date: Tuesday, 06/Mar/2012, 7:30 AM
Private
I'd do both, but generally enjoy the manga more since it usually goes deeper and sometimes darker (Ex. Kare Kano) into the story.
SacrethDate: Thursday, 08/Mar/2012, 9:27 AM
Private
For most I would choose manga, since it's much faster to get through the story than anime is. Anime is good though if it's an action series.
MachanDate: Friday, 09/Mar/2012, 5:28 PM
Private
I like both! Smug
I like to read Shoujo manga because the stories are interesting and there isn't a lot of action. Mangas with a lot of action confuse me. I usually don't understand what's going on...
I like to watch Shounen, Horror, and Mystery animes because it's a lot more interesting to watch them, than read them.

But lately I have been watching more anime, than reading manga. ali_101
Forum » Discussions » Anime » Manga Or Anime
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024