[ Private messages() · My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » What to read the manga with?
What to read the manga with?
ShadowCatDate: Tuesday, 09/Nov/2010, 11:17 AM
Private
What do you guys use, to read your manga(s) offline? Puzzled
(I use my web browser) shine

Post edited by ShadowCat - Tuesday, 09/Nov/2010, 7:11 PM
yurokDate: Saturday, 27/Nov/2010, 10:45 PM
Private
i use the preview program from mac in full screen mode
DreamDate: Sunday, 13/Mar/2011, 12:49 PM
Private
hmm I use my web browser if I'm reading it online.. but If I'm reading it with not internet then I read it using photo gallery since I'll already have it saved on my laptop :P
danimalDate: Thursday, 17/Mar/2011, 8:06 AM
Private
I would love to see a great common format like pdf or something used. A guy can dream...
PolochonDate: Friday, 18/Mar/2011, 0:20 AM
Private
Scanlations you mean?
(As for the "manga offline" I buy it, that's why I didn't get your question at first! That is... I buy it when I like it of course but if I don't like it I don't donwload it either, eh.)

If that was it: I love using ACDSee, probably because of an old habit, but it makes the image small enough to fit a screen (I don't have to continuously scroll down!), and big enough to read the text. Well, I have to zoom in a bit sometimes for the sidenotes, but... that's sometimes, that's ok. When I have to scroll down or up an image it's pretty quick. Really like it!

AeselleDate: Friday, 18/Mar/2011, 2:27 AM
Private
read most of my manga online.. for the rare time that i read offline, i have them in hardcopies.. usually buy them from borders :)

i do have some odd chapters (electronic copies) here and there but find it too cumbersome.. for such copies, it was downloaded for the sole purpose of uploading..

fritefalDate: Tuesday, 22/Mar/2011, 2:52 AM
Private
I used to read manga online (before OneManga shut down, so sad... T^T) until I realized how convenient it is just to download .zip files and keep everything on an external hard drive. Now I have over 40 GB of the manga I love at the touch of my fingers. I use the default image viewer on Windows 7 to read them.

I think pdfs are too inconvenient and aren't as good quality as having the actual jpeg or png image on your computer.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
rinchiDate: Tuesday, 22/Mar/2011, 10:40 PM
Private
I use the preview program of Windows or I read them online^^
I tried out some special Manga Readers but they never work properly for me. I also prefer to read them as .jpg, .gif, .png etc and download them in zip form. PDF is not so great in my opinion, the quality really suffers.

~Dedicated manga reader~
fritefalDate: Wednesday, 23/Mar/2011, 1:37 AM
Private
Word, rinchi. Pdf quality is horrible.

At college, I have a 20 GB bandwidth restriction every month, which isn't a lot when you consider streaming from YouTube, Skyping, and downloading movies and shows via torrents. So, between reading online and downloading, I might as well download if I'm going to be using the same amount of bandwidth anyway.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
AlistarDate: Wednesday, 23/Mar/2011, 5:14 PM
Private
I always use the windows photo gallery. I like it best since you can use the zoom and get a closer look at some of the words if they happen to have a small font.
FrutyliciousDate: Sunday, 27/Mar/2011, 0:34 AM
Private
I use the preview application on my mac. I've never read them on PDF. But sometimes, the chapter just opens in photoshop only. I hate it when it's like that because you have to find every page that are not in order.
laislaislaisDate: Monday, 28/Mar/2011, 3:57 PM
Private
normaly i just read manhwa and manga on line but when i really love one i download it :p
hikageeDate: Monday, 28/Mar/2011, 4:42 PM
Private
I like the Acdsee or sometime I use the Cdisplay for my archived mangas.
I'm not big fan for online reading - it's always difficult to find some part of manga backward, when I'm lost in story or I'm not sure about character. Some of mangakas just draw characters very alike.

(sorry for my poor english)

A problem can be found for almost every solution.
- Solomon Short
komodozzzDate: Saturday, 09/Apr/2011, 9:53 PM
Private
I read from windows Photo Viewer.
pujanggaDate: Sunday, 10/Apr/2011, 12:48 PM
Sergeant
Well I have an offline collection eyebrows
If you want to download the manga and read it anytime offline then do as my suggestion

1. download irfanview and install it to your computer/laptop
2. download winrar, even the free one will do, and install it to your computer/laptop
3. download any manga/manhwa or whatever
4. after the download is complete, go to the download folder
5. right click the download file, open with, choose default program
6. click browse and search for the winrar folder of yours in program files
7. tick always use the selected program to open this kind of file
8. click ok
VIOLA!!!

now, you can double click the download file and choose extract to

sooner or later you will get a hang of everything :D

If you are friends with everyone, you become popular guy in return, but you don't have a place where you can truly be who you are
Beckyree84Date: Tuesday, 12/Apr/2011, 6:09 AM
♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ Typsetter ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
I use my Ipod with the Files Pro App for downloaded manga (like form the Rosa Forum) eyebrows

I also use the App Manga Collection MF This one is from the website MangaFox so whats on there is available to read in the App BUT you need to download the chapters there is a free app and a purchased app (believe me the perchased one is worth is because you can save so much more.)
giggle

milkcoffeeDate: Saturday, 16/Apr/2011, 4:38 AM
Colonel
I read my manga online all the time. Unless it is a new release, I just go to the group site and download it. :D Other than that, I find reading online better.

konatachanDate: Tuesday, 28/Jun/2011, 10:35 AM
Private
I use XnView for windows. I find it better than some dedicated viewer.
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » What to read the manga with?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024