[ Private messages() · My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

Forum » Discussions » Anime » The Twelve Kingdoms
The Twelve Kingdoms
cherryblossomsDate: Tuesday, 25/Jan/2011, 11:41 PM
Private
Love this anime, just love it. Got introduced to it by a friend and can't get enough. The books flow a little better and go further than the anime, but I have only read the first two books. I love Tiaki, ssssoooooo cute! m015 Gotta catch up and read the next two books, it goes into sooo much more.
AviryDate: Sunday, 30/Jan/2011, 6:44 PM
Private
my friend recommended me this anime, & I do not regret a single minute spent watching. although the dash is poor, it does not spoil the anime at all.
now cathing ranobe, thanks to the group that took up the translation and stability releases it

Post edited by Aviry - Sunday, 30/Jan/2011, 6:46 PM
Lexia1172Date: Wednesday, 16/Feb/2011, 2:04 AM
Sergeant
This anime really gets to me. I like how it portrays a different way of ruling a kingdom from different perspectives. Especially the perspective from the kings and queens themselves.
The first time I watched this series it was kinda confusing. But when I watched it the second time after a year later it started to make sense to me.
There's a lot of politics.
The artistic drawings are really nice and the dialogue is interesting. The stories really make you feel sympathy for all the characters. Even the ones that were in the wrong.

grrr I do regret a bit though when the books came out that I didn't read them. Now their not there for purchase. I bet there's more stories to explain about the characters past.

3flowersDate: Sunday, 27/Feb/2011, 8:08 AM
Lieutenant
Good Anime. I'm actully thrying to get may hands of the translated novel. Not that she finished the series Crying . I've only got volume 4, cos all the websites have huge postige fees (oh I live in Australia). sigh, I'll find them eventully.

Post edited by 3flowers - Sunday, 27/Feb/2011, 8:10 AM
tifa07Date: Friday, 04/Mar/2011, 8:30 AM
Private
I wish they'll continue with the story and the anime. Wanted to know more about the other characters and kirins. Love this epic anime. Rare really rare
wendyDate: Saturday, 05/Mar/2011, 5:34 AM
Private
I also believe this to be a really great anime. I'm just sad that they ended it the way they did. We never got to see the kirin get back to his master. Its so sad that he's stuck in the human world with no memory of who he really is and his animal is killing people to protect him. Beggingeyes
TamashiiDate: Sunday, 06/Mar/2011, 12:13 PM
Private
I agree - this anime was great - definitely worth watching! It's been a while that I've watched it though - yet I still remember it well, so it left some lasting impressions.
yoshi_mikiDate: Tuesday, 08/Mar/2011, 11:16 PM
Private
I Really liked this anime. It was one of the first ones i watched after Fushigi Yugi thinking it was going to be the same thing - how wrong was I! It is a lot darker than fushigi yugi and the story lines are a lot more complex but it is a fantastic story once you got used to the art work and the slow pace etc.
I wish the story was more complete but its better than nothing!
LexiDate: Thursday, 10/Mar/2011, 5:31 AM
Sergeant
This may be a silly question but does the anime stick close to the books? I have run across a couple that seem to stray a little in the past wich is kinda sad
JasejericaDate: Thursday, 17/Mar/2011, 6:59 PM
Private
Even though it´s older anime, I really like it, the world of the twelve kingdoms is very interesting, especially youmas. I like Shoryu most, he is good ruller and so handsome, just great man.
luvn0tDate: Friday, 18/Mar/2011, 1:00 AM
Private
i got the entire dvd sets i love it ...... yayayay
Gene1481Date: Monday, 21/Mar/2011, 2:03 AM
Private
I really wish they continue the series. They should have enough material to make another season.
quatrevav35Date: Sunday, 05/Jun/2011, 10:16 PM
Private
Quote (Gene1481)
I really wish they continue the series. They should have enough material to make another season.

There is enough material. I think the anime only covers the first book and parts from the second if I recall correctly. Though I doubt we will see a continuation. Many great series (LOGH, Tytania etc) remain vastly unappreciated and I don't think twelve kingdoms was THAT popular when it airing.
SerenityDate: Wednesday, 08/Jun/2011, 10:01 PM
Private
This one of my favorites, enjoy every second to see it, I highly recommend the truth! I wish to take out a sequel or something like that is an anime that can not be ignored.
eyebrows
3flowersDate: Tuesday, 21/Jun/2011, 0:22 AM
Lieutenant
Quote (Lexi)
This may be a silly question but does the anime stick close to the books?

Although I havn't read them all so can't coment on all of the books, from what I can tell is sticks pretty close, the book has a little more to it (as most books do), and the Anime has changed a few things, but on the whole it's pretty accurate.

Quote (quatrevav35)
I think the anime only covers the first book and parts from the second if I recall correctly.

Acctually, it covers the first 5 books (I'm pretty sure), some more closly than others.

Post edited by 3flowers - Tuesday, 21/Jun/2011, 0:25 AM
konatachanDate: Tuesday, 28/Jun/2011, 10:49 AM
Private
I've seen this anime no less than 8-10 times. and as one said above, I especially like Youko's storyline.
It is one of the better variations on the theme.
MKDate: Saturday, 16/Jul/2011, 6:00 PM
Private
I like the flow of the story. Actually when I first encounter the 12 Kingdoms I thought the story was lame onion54 so I didn't watch it. There was a time when I really got bored Bored so I looked for an anime to watch but I can't find anything interesting until I came across it the second time. I was hesitant Puzzled to try it at first but I told myself , why don't I try it. Nothing will be lost if I try it...So I tried to watch it and eventually got hooked in the story m016 . I really like how the main character developed. From being weak and ms. goody two shoes to being tough,strong and cool woman shine ...hehehe
MouseDate: Thursday, 23/Feb/2012, 0:17 AM
Private
I really liked it. It would be awesome if the would animate more of it. I would have loved to read the novel, but I don't like to start a series until it's complete, and with Tokyopop the publisher out of business, looks like that isn't going to happen. :(

But I loved the anime, ever since Fushigi Yuugi, I've enjoyed this kind of genre.
DarkyDate: Sunday, 26/Feb/2012, 1:58 AM
Private
It's one of the few series that I like to re-watch time and again. Well I do skip some episode but the last Youko story is awsome ^^
kitty15Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 11:18 AM
Private
i normally watch anime for the romanticness and this anime i thought would have that but im glad i watch the dubbed version online after downloading it
good i didn't buy as it was crappy for my taste its all war and fighting and political stuff.
Forum » Discussions » Anime » The Twelve Kingdoms
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024