• »
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Perfect Girl Evolution
Perfect Girl Evolution
JiNXDate: Thursday, 29/Jul/2010, 2:10 PM
Sergeant
Mangaka: Hayakawa Tomoko
Volume(s): 23 (ongoing)
Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Harem, Romance, Shoujo
Summary: "It's a gorgeous, spacious mansion, and four handsome, fifteen-year-olds are allowed to live in it for free! There's only one condition—that within three years the guys must transform the owner's wallflower niece into a lady befitting the palace in which they all live! How hard can it be? Enter Sunako Nakahara, the agoraphobic, horror movie-loving, pockmark-faced, frizzy-haired, fashion-illiterate recluse who tends to break into explosive nosebleeds whenever she sees anyone attractive. This project is going to take more than our four heroes ever expected: it needs a miracle!"

To be honest, I wouldn't have picked this manga up to read if it hadn't been for all the comments I heard about. And being that must of them were good, I decided to go ahead and read it.. And boy am I glad I did. This has become one of my favorites for many reasons. The storyline is definitely interesting and that keeps me wondering what could possibly happen next. I love the characters and their interactions with one another (some of the scene between them are hilarious). And the artwork is fabulous (although I love the chibi Sunako Nakahara I wish she was drawn normal more often - but I guess that would defeat what's being aimed for). This is a pretty hilarious manga.. and how could it be when you have Sunako Nakahara as a main character who's an "agoraphobic, horror-movie-loving, pockmark-faced, frizzy-haired, fashion-illiterate recluse who tends to break into explosive nosebleeds whenever she sees anyone attractive." And then there's Morii a smooth talking playboy that's probably a daddy (lol), Kyohei who's has a bottomless pit for a stomach and a sometimes uncontrollable anger, Toyama who's as easily touched as he is scared, Oda a serious, sensitive type, and then Ms. Landlady (Sunako's aunt) who's a jet-setter and what I'd consider a fashion diva who just wants to see her niece as a lady, even if it means her 'tenants' suffering.

ToydvaDate: Wednesday, 04/Aug/2010, 8:17 PM
Private
I watched the anime based on this manga and really loved it, so I went back to the manga. For the first 70 chapters or so, I really liked it. I agree that its funny and I love Kyohei and Sunako. But don't you feel that there is no real progress in the manga? Its clear that Sunako and Kyhoei are meant for eachother, they watch horror movies together and she can supply his bottomless stomache, but it seems that they dance around eachother in a weird oblivious way? Do I just not get it?
tesuDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 9:29 PM
Private
i like the story fairly well, but what i really love about the series, (manga that is, havn't watched anime) is the changes in character drawing based on situation (sunako becoming small and big) really makes the story line for me. ^^
MillahKuranDate: Saturday, 07/Aug/2010, 1:02 AM
Private
This is one of my favourites shine ... The story's funny, and I think the anime did well with following the manga. And I agree with tesu.. that when Sunako goes from big to small makes the storyline and is totally cute..

eyebrows Anyone who's interested in this manga should also be really excited because (for heads up) chapter 99 has finally been released!! That really made my day giggle

LonePostulatorDate: Sunday, 22/Aug/2010, 6:45 AM
Private
I thought this series was delightful. Sunako's goth-horror loving personality is just wicked brilliant and I personally feel the story develops nicely with the relationships. eyebrows

I just hate having to wait for releases. So frustrating! grrr

Post edited by LonePostulator - Sunday, 22/Aug/2010, 6:46 AM
xXx-Yoo-xXxDate: Friday, 27/Aug/2010, 0:59 AM
Private
The anime illustrations are....bad...it's WAY far off from the manga illustrations..but..I still frickin love it!!
minamilvDate: Saturday, 28/Aug/2010, 7:14 PM
Private
I love shine PGE but im getting tiered of that whole situation between sunako and kyohei it gets annoying but its finally getting there :D so im super happy taht the story is moving along .
AsianDonkeyDate: Saturday, 28/Aug/2010, 9:25 PM
Private
I didn't really like this manga for some reason. I think it's because the character looks scary, but I think I might change my mind now.

Post edited by AsianDonkey - Saturday, 28/Aug/2010, 9:28 PM
Sen-himeDate: Sunday, 29/Aug/2010, 3:02 PM
Private
i really love the art om this manga and love the anime to really want to see a season 2
yuikoDate: Sunday, 29/Aug/2010, 7:14 PM
Private
This is one of my favorite mangas and I even watched the anime. I think the story line is interesting. Sunako is not your everyday female character that you usually see in manga nowadays. And her personality, along with everyone else, is really interesting. And I'm really happy that there finally seems to be a little bit of progress between Kyouhei and Sunako. But I wish it would happen a little faster.
WhitefireDate: Wednesday, 01/Sep/2010, 4:56 AM
Private
Gotta love Perfect Girl Evolution. I've watched the anime and have been reading the manga. I can't believe its already at 100+ chapters. Sadly I wish there was more development between Sunako and Kyohei. They keep taking one step forward and then one step back. I mean they are obviously meant for one another but both are clueless. Maybe we will finally get some progress! That being said I find the entire series extremely funny. Sunako really seems to have a knack for getting possessed by ghosts. The situations they get into are hilarious. I also love the artwork. Sunako is so pretty when she becomes confident. Her chibi form is cute as well. I can't wait to find out how if finally works out.
angryriverDate: Thursday, 09/Sep/2010, 11:19 PM
Private
This is one of my favorite series. Its very amusing. However i havent seen any recent releases i think. Does anyone know if its been completed/dropped/ or on hiatus or something? But this is a definite must see its really funny.
kmccDate: Monday, 27/Sep/2010, 8:42 AM
Private
I only started reading this manga after I watch the anime. It's different from other comedy manga and it kind of unique. And the arts are sometime cute.
kcrisiDate: Monday, 27/Sep/2010, 10:08 PM
Private
omg, i love everything about this manga!!! although, damn, it's long and i don't know how many volumes it's going to be. it's already in the 25 volume i think? but yeah, i love how it makes me laugh and i love any manga that makes me want to read more then once. can't wait to see how it all ends!
SanreyoDate: Tuesday, 28/Sep/2010, 0:09 AM
Private
I really like this manga too, but I feel like there isn't a plot and it's been drag out way too long. This is definitely one of those manga that needs to end soon, but I would still recommend it if you just want something good to pass time.
StarlightdreamsDate: Tuesday, 28/Sep/2010, 0:48 AM
Private
I enjoy this manga even though it got REALLY repetitive in the middle but lately, it's been getting better. (Finally...some romantic development...)
People say they don't like it because of the art, but really, I don't think it's that bad. I've seen a lot worse and the art is somewhat unique. (:
Carmasue00Date: Tuesday, 19/Oct/2010, 1:31 AM
Private
OMG. So this is one of the ones that I actually have purchased as new releases come out in both the Manga and the Anime. I love the anime, but I must admit that I don't think it really captures everything the manga does. Definitely, read the manga if you wnat the entire experience!
m042
hehe...
xMasakiLuvDate: Tuesday, 07/Dec/2010, 10:29 AM
Private
I love both the anime and manga! I wished Sunako won't keep on staying in her chibi mode all the time though it's pretty cute :D
MzAnnyDate: Friday, 31/Dec/2010, 3:17 AM
Private
I love this series. I agree, though, with the earlier posts that it seems to stall on Kyohei and Sunako realizing their feelings. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so this was an immediate hit for me LOL
MishkaJkDate: Monday, 07/Feb/2011, 11:47 AM
Private
I loved the manga and the anime >.<
Unfortunately as I'm so dirty minded I wish they would continue the series with more smut to it... innocent love has never been my thing, but can you imagine her during sex.... :P Humourus!!!! I mean when he drops his dacks I can totally imagine her draw dropping and her shielding her face say it's too dazzling :P He'd never win
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Perfect Girl Evolution
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024