[ Private messages() ยท My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » How do you decide what's to read? (what makes your read them?)
How do you decide what's to read?
crusnikDate: Saturday, 25/Jun/2011, 7:35 PM
Private
Just based on curiosity and if the summary is nicely written. Also the genre, characters and stuff like cover. Sometimes I just pick up few chapters of something and read it
violetpoofDate: Saturday, 13/Aug/2011, 7:06 AM
Private
Maybe because I'm tired or another valid excuse but it has got to be the pretty picture covers that draw me in. Usually I search blindly and if I see a pic I can't seem to understand (like all blue with big eyes peeking but there is an odd background that requires looking further) I have to check it out. Name titles really get to me, if they sound hilarious or out of place another reason for me to go -click-
anoliDate: Monday, 15/Aug/2011, 1:58 AM
Private
Well 1st I look at summary (if it is interesting I will read) and 2-nd it is art (sometimes summary is bad but I anyway read it).
innocente6Date: Tuesday, 30/Aug/2011, 9:52 AM
Private
as for me, i base it first on the summary. if it is that good, i'll look at the artwork. if the drawing don't par with my expectations, then goodbye.
MynameisnikkiDate: Tuesday, 25/Oct/2011, 1:55 PM
Private
I think it's a little of everything. For me the drawing style is the most important. I usually don't read certain mangas if I don't like the style of drawing. I would read the story summary first too. If I like the plot and genre, I would read it. I read most genres but it depends on my mood sometimes.

Most of the time, if there's a good looking character in the manga, it would make me want to read it. lol
LotteDate: Wednesday, 26/Oct/2011, 8:15 PM
Private
mostly i pick some radomly and first read the summary and one chapter in the middle
if it sounds intresting then the whole :)
min_xizzDate: Thursday, 01/Dec/2011, 8:00 AM
Private
first, I will look at the author (for examples, like HMR for manwha and ando for manga) yayayay . 2nd, look rating and coments from readers, that's very important RedFox1
ShibiDate: Saturday, 10/Dec/2011, 10:20 AM
Private
Hmmm.... I used to start off by genre, then followed writer's I liked works. Nowadays I look to see what this or that scanlation groups (those that have done other projects I liked, hence my being here) has done. As a general rule, good artwork catches my eye enough for me to look to see if the story sounds good. In those cases, I read the summary to decide if I shall read the rest of the story. I really love good artwork and will flip through poor story lines to look at good artwork but it is not as enjoyable. A really good story with poor artwork is another beast altogether, as I find the artwork distracting :( for all that the story may pull me along anyway. Nuts, I'm just a manga junkie I guess. Only ones I don't read have to have bad art and uninteresting plot lines.

Shibi

If a task is once begun,
never leave it 'til its done.
Be the labor great or small,
do it well or not at all.
nakedorangieDate: Wednesday, 14/Dec/2011, 6:30 AM
Private
I tend to choose based on a variety of factors. I usually start with recommendations from Baka Updates (they usually have them listed on the side when you're viewing a specific manga page) and then I read the summary, check out the art work and determine whether it might be worth reading. Also, I tend to stick with the shoujo series that have bishies in them! giggle
jade_dreamDate: Thursday, 22/Dec/2011, 11:43 PM
Private
The summary. If the manga has an ugly cover but a really interesting summary, I would try a few chapters and struggle through the artwork. But if it's vice versa (as in, has a super cliche plot), then I wouldn't even bother reading it, even if it has the most gorgeous artwork ever.
bpp825Date: Sunday, 01/Jan/2012, 9:46 PM
Private
I try to read mangas/manwhas that are completed or are almost complete. Although, I don't always follow this. I will look at the covers and if I like the art I will read it. I will also read mangas/manwhas by authors I have read before and liked. I tend to pay close attention to summaries/descriptions.
DanutzaOverHereDate: Monday, 02/Jan/2012, 11:25 AM
Private
Well first of all :
1. It has to be romance. I do like shounen action and adventure too but I watch ony the anime versions.
2. I'll most probably read a series which's author's works I've read and like before.
4. The plot, an interesting and not like the usual childish-manga one.
3. The graphic of course. It can be as ugly as possible but by all means not childish(like for example that candy something or Suki desu Suzuki kun or others).
yennhienDate: Saturday, 07/Jan/2012, 10:39 AM
Private
1. The drawing : Not very important, but it will take my attraction in first glance over the bunch of other comics.
2. The summary : It's the deciding factor.
3. The genres : Not very important, but I usually look at this line before the summary.
4. The long of the story : Even though it may be very good but if I don't have time, I'll go by it no wonder.
gamersoulDate: Sunday, 29/Jan/2012, 10:21 AM
Private
to tell the truth
i look at rating in mangafox first if its rating more than 4.6 then it worth to be read. shine
miachan93Date: Sunday, 29/Jan/2012, 6:41 PM
Private
lol i never notice but I always look at the cover before reading a manga....at times this has cause my downfall on discover great manga to read Beggingeyes

but most times I just pick at random to read. lol
parisjmcDate: Wednesday, 15/Feb/2012, 5:02 AM
Private
Well it depends on what i'm in the mood for, then i prefer if its completed then browse by storyline and vol cover photo.
sk8tergirlDate: Wednesday, 15/Feb/2012, 7:56 AM
Private
To decide on what I ready, the first thing I look at is the genre. I hate tragedy, because I can't take sad ending. Then I look at the artwork. I am a sucker for beautiful artwork. Lastly, I read the summary.
laydesDate: Saturday, 18/Feb/2012, 10:24 PM
Private
well, I chose what to read in three stages. first stage would be a title, somehow it should catch my eye. second stage is reading a summery, if i find it interesting, then I follow to the third stage, where i read the first chapters, if I get hooked then I read it till the end even if the story gets boring. Ofcourse there are always exeptions. tiptip
unanebunaDate: Saturday, 25/Feb/2012, 1:44 PM
Private
usualy i start reading anything that falls in to my hands and decide after 1-2-3 chapters if i will continue reading tiptip
chinhyunDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 12:57 PM
Private
DRAWING first... I seriously need to like the author's drawing before starting reading it... AND... I'll avoid anything that ends with sad ending! hahaha... yup.. i need my manga to be a happy ending one... :p
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » How do you decide what's to read? (what makes your read them?)
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024