[ Private messages() ยท My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » How do you decide what's to read? (what makes your read them?)
How do you decide what's to read?
lightningstarDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 1:48 PM
Private
I decide what to read by searching by genre and then looking at the summaries. The best one I found that way was Eyeshield 21, a totally unknown manga when I read it six years ago
DamariDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 2:44 PM
Private
well mocking It for the cover Beggingeyes If the cover it is interesting I want read it yayayay
amayahimeDate: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 8:53 PM
Private
The first thing I look at when I read a manga is art and then I look at the plot. If they are good, I then read all the books by that same author/artist. I also take recommendations. yayayay
cleoduxDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 3:09 AM
Private
The only thing that matter to me when i choose manga to read is to be the genre, the categories and the tags.

Although the summary not always correct, but it help in deciding sometime. And if it a shoujo, i will choose if the series already finished (not always) because waiting to scanlate it once a month is a pain.

The art can be ugly as long as i am interested in the story.
Ney21Date: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 3:46 AM
Private
98% of the time i do it depending on the cover -_- im a visual person so if the cover attracts me then i just read it, but if the cover is no good i still check the pages and see hows the art, i hardly read the description but i always check the gender, i dont like crying so i make sure i dont read tragedy geek

Life is Beautiful

Post edited by Ney21 - Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 3:47 AM
PinksDate: Saturday, 03/Mar/2012, 0:09 AM
Private
Lets see, I start out by deciding what genre I want (normally romance). After that I usually check mangafox or myanimelist and see which mangas in that genre are "hot" and the reviews. After that I usually just end up going with the two that have the best reviews.
FlordeppDate: Saturday, 03/Mar/2012, 0:35 AM
Private
It depends on my mood really, but I generally read a shoujo/josei, a shonen/seinen and some yaoi oneshot simultaneously. And I try to pick up only completed projects.
aloneindarknessDate: Saturday, 03/Mar/2012, 1:49 AM
Private
Well...I always use mangaupdates.com to search for manga or to check them out before reading. I always check the summary of the manga, commentaries from other people, and so on. The next step is to start reading it, although there are times when the art of the manga makes me give it up only after reading the first pages even though the manga might have a good story
unicorn8Date: Saturday, 03/Mar/2012, 9:23 AM
Private
I usually have trouble choosing but the first thing i usually look for is the drawing. If I like it, then I usually would read it.

Also, it would depend on the genre. I would hardly ever pick a manga with a genre i dislike. Hehe. Besides that, I usually read almost any manga=)
kathDate: Sunday, 04/Mar/2012, 12:34 PM
Private
I first look at the storyline/summary first if it is interesting for me or not...
I also look at the graphics of the manga if it is pleasing to the eye...
SacrethDate: Thursday, 08/Mar/2012, 9:37 AM
Private
I decide any number of ways. Once I've read something by a particular author, I'll generally go through as many of their works as possible. I also tend to look for completed works if I can, so I can read the ending.
grofekDate: Saturday, 17/Mar/2012, 6:14 PM
Private
Well first I look at the cover, then I read the plot and if all is to my liking then I decide to read the manga or manhwa. I got to say that first impressions do it for me, so the art is the most important. Even if the plot is very interesting and the art isn't to my liking I just won't read it.
arashiDate: Sunday, 01/Apr/2012, 9:49 PM
Private
I first look at the cover and the drawing. Normally, u can tell a lot about the story from the drawing. If something look interesting, I take a look at the summaries and if it's still sound iteresting I try it out
greenmidnightskyDate: Wednesday, 02/May/2012, 3:21 PM
Private
that would be an eye catching title, well-written summary, awesome comments about it, and obviously a good drawing!
Sora-samaDate: Sunday, 06/May/2012, 12:24 PM
Private
I go on mangaupdates and search for the genre and then I sort it on the highest rating..
After that I read the summaries.. which I like the most I read.
YenzDate: Thursday, 12/Jul/2012, 1:42 PM
Private
i guess i start with the story summary , cover drawings and genre cause i dont like hentai horror Martial arts

Added (12/Jul/2012, 1:42 PM)
---------------------------------------------
of course i've to look the cover drawings if it's cute gorgeous then story summary and dont forget the genre cause i dont like hentai and martial arts one tiptip

diidiiDate: Thursday, 19/Jul/2012, 6:11 AM
Private
I pick what to read because of the title or the picture i Know they do not judge a book by his color (something like that Puzzled ) but that's how i pick what's to read Tongue-Out
milkcoffeeDate: Friday, 20/Jul/2012, 10:30 AM
Colonel
Totally the drawings. Cute guys attracts me XD

JessdinizDate: Tuesday, 31/Jul/2012, 6:01 PM
Private
I usually do some research on myanimelist.net and have a read on the summaries and reviews - if it sounds interesting I'll read it for sure.
If I really like a manga/manwha I try to check other ones by the same writer (you always end up finding some interesting ones this way).

I try not to go so much by the art, there are some really interesting mangas which not amazing art.
Robert18Date: Saturday, 25/Aug/2012, 12:34 PM
Private
I mostly decide by reading the summary or by looking at the name, then i read what others have thought about it.
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » How do you decide what's to read? (what makes your read them?)
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024