• »
Forum » Discussions » Anime » The Twelve Kingdoms
The Twelve Kingdoms
JiNXDate: Wednesday, 28/Jul/2010, 10:36 PM
Sergeant
The Twelve Kingdoms
Episode(s): 45
Genre(s): Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Supernatural
Summary: "Except for her red hair, Youko Nakajima is a typical, obedient Japanese high-school student. Her life is fairly ordinary—that is, until Keiki, a kirin in the guise of a blond-haired man, tells her that she is his master and must return to their kingdom. When he mysteriously vanishes, Youko is left alone, confused, and wandering through a foreign land with nothing to help protect her save a magic sword and a magic stone. When Keiki suddenly appears at Youko’s school, little does she realize that her life is about to change. Lost in a strange land -- without a map -- and demons on her trail, Youko begins her quest for both survival and self-discovery."

This has to be one of my absolute favorites. This anime was just mindblowing for many reasons. I became so completely engrossed in this anime that I actually watched all the episodes in one day.. which happens to be a total of 45 episodes. Yeah, you do the math.. that's how long I was in front of the TV.. but no matter what, I just couldn't stop watching. The storyline is absolutely amazing and completely captivates you to the point of HAVING to know what happens next. The artwork.. there's no words to describe how beautifully done it is. And the characters are fabulous. This is an anime (and manga) you definitely need to check out if you haven't.

If you have seen it, what did you think of it?

VampirePrincessYukkiDate: Tuesday, 03/Aug/2010, 6:03 AM
Private
[size=14][color=red][i][font=Geneva] shine looks good !

Added (03.Aug.2010, 9:03 Am)
---------------------------------------------
grrr wish i could find more anime like this !!! grrr grrr grrr

AnnDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 12:48 PM
Private
When I watched this anime it was full on explaining each character!! Which why I skim it a bit but was really awesome to watch! I loved the ending and Youko best friend the Mice guy been so long since I watched it rate it 8/10 yayayay
DebsDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 10:41 PM
Private
I watched this anime quite a while ago now, but it's still on of my favourites, I love the characters and the storyline.
ZeraLordDate: Friday, 06/Aug/2010, 11:00 PM
Private
Saw this anime when it came out it is quite good 2 love and still one of my Favorites ewen Now Thx to the intresting story and the lovley characters
linen201Date: Friday, 13/Aug/2010, 7:45 PM
Private
This is one of the best animes I've ever seen. Not only is the plot quite deep and interesting but also the graphics are amazing.

And to sum up the ending is extraordinary.

I wish they made more animes like that.

dreadwolfDate: Sunday, 29/Aug/2010, 8:41 PM
Private
I agree this was one of the best animes I have seen. The character development and the story line was very interesting. I especially enjoyed how Youko seem to grow as the story progressed.

Post edited by dreadwolf - Sunday, 29/Aug/2010, 9:21 PM
reddeathDate: Monday, 30/Aug/2010, 2:19 PM
Private
So would you all agree that it is good i have been thinking about watching it for a while but it just dosen't seem like it was that good and i don't know any one who has seen it so i was wondering if it was worth watching?
angelskkyDate: Tuesday, 31/Aug/2010, 10:35 AM
Private
This is one of my favorite animes. The characters and storyline are awesome.
I didn't know it was a manga too I'll have to read it.
mangamaniacDate: Thursday, 02/Sep/2010, 9:43 PM
Private
I've started watching this anime no less than 6 times. I really like Youko's storyline, but when hers kind of ends for some reason I just stop watching it. I have watched the story of the black Kirin. I think his name was Taiki, but I am not sure what happens to him after he comes back to our world. Does he ever return? And what happened to the man he named king, I forget his name, but I really liked his character too.
Sensei_OnizukaDate: Saturday, 04/Sep/2010, 4:12 PM
Private
This series is pretty good, I remember a long time ago when my friends comparing this series with fushigi yugi.

I need to download it again bcoz his dvd was one of those who lost lending to a friend Beggingeyes

reddeathDate: Thursday, 09/Sep/2010, 4:55 PM
Private
I started watching and love it thanks for recimondation
EvilwaysDate: Thursday, 09/Sep/2010, 10:48 PM
Private
A great anime i wish it continued it who knows might re-due it and put on DVD.
HeartfrostDate: Thursday, 09/Sep/2010, 11:16 PM
Private
I remember this one i watched it 2 years ago i think it was a vary good one.
clupeanDate: Monday, 27/Sep/2010, 5:52 AM
Private
This is one of my all time favorite stories.
The anime was awesome, too bad they did not release all the episodes like they originally projected.
I read all the novels but the author stopped writing and didn't finish. I just want to know how this ends...
HaroDate: Monday, 27/Sep/2010, 6:57 AM
Private
I loved this anime series. At first, I was sadly turned off by the animation and style. It looked like an older anime and orange skin did not appeal to me. However, I went back to it and discovered it had a great story. Too bad it ended unfinished. I am also disappointed that the author discontinued writing this series. grrr
kmccDate: Monday, 27/Sep/2010, 8:37 AM
Private
I like this anime but it's too bad that they discontinue with the rest of the story.
kaminaryDate: Sunday, 26/Dec/2010, 8:12 PM
Private
I love this anime, but never read the books....And now I find out the author never completed her work. I just knew that, since people stoped watching, they ended the show a bit weird... leaf Too bad! I really wanted to see it end ( a nice one). Notheless, when i watched it, a few years back, I was crazy about it. I though it was genius, Youko`s adventures and the whole feeling that sorrounded it.
taikiDate: Saturday, 01/Jan/2011, 11:53 AM
Private
i abdolutely loved this anime! I was so sad that it was only 45 episodes! and although the ending was alright I thought it felt a little unfinished.
I really want to find the novels to read too!
WildflowerDate: Tuesday, 25/Jan/2011, 3:30 PM
Private
Oh I watched "The Twelve Kingdoms" few years ago, and it was damn nice.
Forum » Discussions » Anime » The Twelve Kingdoms
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024