[ Private messages() · My profile | Log out | Registration | Login
Welcome
Recent Releases
Chat Box

Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Does anyone read Tokyo Crazy Paradise yet?
Does anyone read Tokyo Crazy Paradise yet?
parisjmcDate: Wednesday, 15/Feb/2012, 4:48 AM
Private
I read it and loved it. It took me a little bit but i completed the whole thing. I thought it was a great but i wished there was more romance between them.
sk8tergirlDate: Wednesday, 15/Feb/2012, 8:02 AM
Private
This is one of my favorite manga. Before it was even scanlated, I was already hook on this manga just from reading the translation. I remember reading this manga from a website that posted just the translation, thus I was reading it like a play. I was so happy when the scanlation came out. Reading it with the pictures was some much better. RedFox1
purplemittinsDate: Wednesday, 15/Feb/2012, 5:50 PM
Private
I started it and could not seem to get into it. It was quite slow, although I keep hearing great things about it. And i have liked some of the authors other works :D
cocoramasDate: Wednesday, 15/Feb/2012, 7:57 PM
Private
I read TCP a long time ago when all the chapters were not released yet. I would re-read all the manga many times... Then when the manga was entirely translated, I re-read it at least seven times... It's really one of my favorite long shoujo manga!! And I can't compare it with Skip Beat! because I like them as much!! ^^ love
utdgavDate: Thursday, 16/Feb/2012, 6:03 AM
Private
I also read it back when it wasn't fully scanned. I went and got all the Chinese volumes since I couldn't get the English. I enjoyed it a lot, though I do think the ending was a little long winded. One of my favorites overall though ^_^
lamv001Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/2012, 6:01 PM
Private
I really liked this manga when it finished translated and frequently read it again when I have time...though I do skip some bits.... sweats
surunatDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 4:43 AM
Private
Tokyo crazy paradise is my favourite manga!! runninghearts I have read over and over again. I just cant get tired of her funny jokes and clever plot Shining
It is a pitty that there aren't manny of her works scanlated...
romance20Date: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 5:00 AM
Private
i have read this like 10 times or more, it's one of my absolute favs. it's funny and cute, and the romance sure i wish there was a little more but what there was is crazy funny and makes to all great. ali_061
welandDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 5:48 AM
Private
The premise is fine, but I just can't get into it. I keep losing interest.
voidchildDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 7:30 AM
Private
Wow, it's been ages since I've seen this manga title. Definitely one of the first long manga series I got addicted too <3 !! I'm glad I started it when it was completely scanlated coz then I wouldnt have to wait after every chapter ali_105 ali_105

Defs recommend it to everyone !!!!
(Makes me want to reread the entire thing again shine )
lestat_andrewDate: Friday, 02/Mar/2012, 7:41 AM
Private
i've read it..at first it didn't seem all that but it's pretty cool and interesting.. the girl is funny and really pretty when she dresses up....the guy looks way way mature but ts alright.... and yeah.. definitely some crazy mangga...oh yeah.. she looked pretty hardcore fighting that "dr octopus"-like female villain.. RedFox1
scannyDate: Sunday, 04/Mar/2012, 9:27 PM
Private
The manga is really good but I wished for more romance and so... Beggingeyes
It seriously can't be compared with Skip Beat but it belongs to those type of manga which I'd reread when I have time :33
blue-yDate: Tuesday, 10/Apr/2012, 6:03 PM
Private
Yes i have! And I absolutely love it!!! As with the other works by the same mangaka (talking about Skip Beat), the characters exude a strong personality, and I love this! I have an aversion to characters with weak personalities.
JibrilDate: Friday, 13/Apr/2012, 5:55 PM
Private
i have been reading it a few years ago. really liked it. think i am gonna reread it soon :P
ryu's jeleausy with the cat Kali in the end was really funny
esqweDate: Saturday, 21/Apr/2012, 7:44 PM
Private
I've not only read it, I've read it twice. The second time got me as addicted as the first time. The work is excellent and also dangerous, for it makes one unable to sleep.
Actually, today I've even seen a TCP-themed dream. There were some fights in which the main heroine repelled the bullets with something like a thin belt. Not the chain, though :(
So this manga really gets into your subconsious.
And also makes one think about many serious things - like a thin line between good or bad, or the growing sense of disconnection between people in modern society, if you get what I mean.
And also the yakuza is portrayed rather ambiguously. It is obviously a bad thing to be a criminal. but still the main heroes of the manga are quite honest and likable.
Probably because the yakuza in Japan have traditionally some social responsibility. Like giving help in times of severe need, the neares example - the earthquake and tsunamis in Japan in the previous year.
moiDate: Friday, 27/Apr/2012, 1:39 PM
Private
I loved it! kurepara had awesome characters!
again, it's nakamura sensei's great ability to create characters that seem to be alive!
although the setting was kinda science-ficiton-like, I had no problem to identify with the heroine and relive her feelings...after those 19 volumes she felt like a friend to me...
it was a great balance of comical and serious elements =]
salsaDate: Saturday, 28/Apr/2012, 3:24 PM
Private
Nakamura Sensei's is a fantastic person. I want to be like him, when I ready to be comicus,,,,hihihi Shining yayayay [font=Impact][color=purple][size=9]
Attachments: 0406765.jpg (47.3 Kb)
Coco_agDate: Thursday, 23/Aug/2012, 10:08 AM
Private
I found skip beat first and i really loved it....but tokyo crazy paradaise is completely at another level..... whene it ended i felt like loseing something inside!!!!!!!!! Beggingeyes
eunhyegdDate: Tuesday, 11/Sep/2012, 11:43 AM
Private
It's super cool!!!!!!!!! RedFox1

Asago even bother me a bit. but, I have recommended it to my friends

Post edited by eunhyegd - Tuesday, 11/Sep/2012, 11:59 AM
mizudreamsDate: Friday, 02/Nov/2012, 7:32 AM
Private
hmm… I really liked it overall, but…
I thought the story was weak in some areas, and the weaker the storyline was the more chapters it had. Where the story was really strong, the chapters were quite short and very few. Just my opinion, but I'd have really enjoyed seeing the stronger areas of the story written with more depth, and the weaker areas could have been shorter.

While it's not an especially original premise, it is one that doesn't appear often in manga or manwha- typically it's a premise seen in full length fiction novels. I'd really like to see it re-approached by sensei- and I d think the art could have been better.

grrr
I see that I'm the only moderately dissatisfied reader… but I still think sensei could have done more with it, and I wonder what constraints sensei worked under that directed the story into that form; obviously a gifted writer, which makes me think that there was some editorial/publisher issues.

Post edited by mizudreams - Friday, 02/Nov/2012, 7:40 AM
Forum » Discussions » Manga/Manwha » Does anyone read Tokyo Crazy Paradise yet?
Search:

Affliates
Copyright MyCorp © 2024